RAIL SAHYOG” WEB PORTAL
Why in News?
- The Minister of Railways and Coal has launched a web portal Rail Sahyog to provide a platform for the Corporates and PSUs to contribute to creation of amenities at/near Railway Stations through CSR funds.
Rail Sahyog Portal:
- The portal has been envisaged as a platform for all including individuals as also private & public organisation to contribute towards CSR activities in association with Indian Railways.
- The companies desirous of contributing can show willingness on the portal by registering their requests which will be processed by Railway officials.
- This portal will provide an opportunity for Industry/ Companies/ Associations to collaborate with Railways. Individuals, Private companies have the freedom to execute projects in Railways.
- The main focus is on ensuring creation of good quality assets through this collaboration.
CSR Funded activities in Railways:
- Construction of toilets in circulating areas of all stations with provision of low cost sanitary pad vending machine & incinerator in female toilets and contraceptives vending machine in male toilets and initial one year maintenance.
- Providing free Wi-Fi at stations through setting up Hotspots.
- Provision of Benches at station Platforms as facility for senior citizens/disabled.
- Bottle crushing machines at 2175 major stations for ensuring environmental sustainability.
- Dustbins at all stations for Swachh Bharat will help in preventing littering around.
- Separate dustbins for wet/dry waste need to be provided at circulating area of Station and Platforms.
//php comments_template(); ?>