RAISINA DIALOGUE BEGINS IN NEW DELHI
In News :
- Ministry of External Affairs in partnership with Observer Research Foundation is organizing the 4th edition of the Raisina Dialogue in New Delhi from 08-10 January 2019.
- The Raisina Dialogue is India’s flagship annual geopolitical and geostrategic conference.
- This year, the theme of the Dialogue is “A World Reorder: New Geometries; Fluid Partnerships; Uncertain Outcomes”.
- The discussions will seek to address issues arising from ongoing global transitions and changes to the world order, triggered by unique leaders, innovative partnerships and new technologies.
- The Dialogue, which has grown steadily in scope and scale since the first edition in 2015, will bring together over 600 delegates from 93 countries, including influential political leaders, strategic thinkers, policy practitioners, technology innovators, business representatives and academics on a common platform where they will offer their vision and propose solutions that will serve us all in the decades ahead.
- The Raisina Dialogue will be inaugurated on 08 January 2019, with the inaugural address being delivered by Prime Minister of Norway H E Ms Erna Solberg in the presence of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi and External Affairs Minister Smt. Sushma Swaraj.
Raisina Dialogue :
- Raisina Dialogue is an annual conference held in New Delhi. It is envisioned to be India’s flagship conference of geopolitics and geoeconomics.
- The name of conference comes from Raisina Hill which is the elevation in New Delhi where presidential palace of India, Rashtrapati Bhavan is located.
- It is organized on the lines of the Shangri-La Dialogue held in Singapore.
- It is structured as a multi-stakeholder, cross-sectorial conclave, involving policy and decision makers, including cabinet ministers from various Governments, high-level Government officials and policy practitioners, leading personalities from business and industry etc.
- The conference is held jointly by Ministry of External Affairs and the Observer Research Foundation (ORF), an independent think tank based in India.
- The first edition of conference was held in March 2016 with theme “Asia: Regional and Global Connectivity”
//php comments_template(); ?>