Ready to deal with impact of end of waivers from US sanctions on import of Iranian oil: India
- External Affairs Ministry has said that India is prepared to deal with the impact of the end of waivers from US sanctions on import of oil from Iran.
- There will be additional supplies from other major oil-producing countries based on the plan drawn up by the Ministry of Petroleum.
- The decision will be taken keeping in view the country’s energy security, commercial consideration and economic interests.
- In November, the US had granted a six-month waiver to India, China, Greece, Italy, Taiwan, Japan, Turkey and South Korea to continue importing oil from Iran.
- The temporary waiver ended yesterday.
//php comments_template(); ?>