REGIONAL TESTING LABORATORY OF CPRI AT NASHIK
GS 3: Economy | Infrastructure: Energy
Why in news?
Union Minister of State (IC) for Power and New & Renewable Energy, Government of India laid the foundation stone of Regional testing laboratory of Central Power Research Institute (CPRI) at Nashik, Maharashtra.
- Manufacturers in the western region will be greatly benefited as they can test their products close to their manufacturing units.
- This would reduce the turnaround time and overhead cost.
- This shall help the power utilities in the country to install reliable and quality equipment in the power system network.
- To cater to the testing needs, CPRI, Autonomous body under Ministry of Power, Govt of India serves as an Independent third party testing laboratory.
- CPRI has been serving for the past five decades in the field of Testing and Certification, Research, Consultancy, Third Party Inspection services, Training & Vendor Analysis.