GS 3 : Science & Technology – Awareness In The Fields Of It, Space, Computers, Robotics, Nano-Technology
Why in News?
- Radar Imaging Satellite 2B is an Indian radar reconnaissance satellite that is part of India’s RISAT programme. It is built by Indian Space Research Organisation and will be launched by PSLV-C46 rocket on May 22, 2019 from the launch pad at the Satish Dhawan Space Centre.
- In India radar imaging are used for crop estimation because our main crop growing season of kharif is in May-September when it rains and gets
- We have used this data extensively for forestry, soil, land use, geology and during floods and
- Due to an all-weather seeing feature, the satellite becomes special for security forces and disaster relief
- The satellite has a mass of 615 kg and feature an X-band SAR (Synthetic Aperture Radar).
- RISAT 2B will be launched into a 37° inclined orbit at 555 km orbital
- RISAT 2B, RISAT 2BR1 and RISAT 2BR2 will be launched in 2019 on Indian PSLV launch vehicle.
//php comments_template(); ?>