Prelims Syllabus : Governance - Policies Mains Syllabus : GS-II Development processes and the development industry the role of NGOs, SHGs, Various Groups and Associations, Donors, Charities, Institutional and other Stakeholders
Why in News?
- India has recently launched the “Skills Build platform” becoming fourth country in the world to launch such platform.
About Skills Build Platform:
- It is a digital platform developed by IBM, enabling holistic learning and aligning it with Skills India initiative by Government of India.
- Launched by Directorate General of Training (DGT), under the aegis of Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) in Collaboration with IBM.
- As part of the programme, a two-year advanced diploma in IT, networking and cloud computing, co-created and designed by IBM, will be offered at the Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) & National Skill Training Institutes (NSTIs).
- The platform will be extended to train ITI & NSTI faculty on building skills in Artificial Intelligence (AI).
Significance of the Programme:
- The digital platform will provide a personal assessment of the cognitive capabilities and personality via My Inner Genius to the students.
- They will then learn foundational knowledge about digital technologies, as well as professional skills such as resume-writing, problem solving and communication.
- Students will also receive recommendations on role-based education for specific jobs that include technical and professional learning.
- This initiative is part of IBM’s global commitment to create a job-ready workforce and to build the next generation of skills needed for new collar careers.