SOUTHERN RAILWAY ADJUDGED NUMBER ONE FOR CLEANLINESS
- The Southern Railway has bagged the number one position for cleanliness in the country.
- This achievement was under the category of other than Premium Category trains in the recent Trains Cleanliness Survey conducted by IRCTC on all India level.
- During the year 2018, Southern Railway’s gross earnings also stood at more than six thousand crores rupees which is almost 10 per cent higher than the last year earnings.
- To cater to the growing demands of passengers, Southern Railway has also introduced 54 trains over past four years.
Who conducts Trains Cleanliness Survey?
- a. IRCTC
- b. Quality Council of India
- c. Ministry of drinking water and sanitation
- d. None
what role can Indian railways play to achieve the goal of clean India?