Prelim Snippets 15-06-2019
- Is a strait between Persian gulf and Gulf Of Oman On the north coast lies Iran and on the south coast the United Arab Emirates.
- Glanders is an infectious disease that is caused by the bacterium Burkholderia mallei. While people can get the disease, glanders is primarily a disease affecting horses. It also affects donkeys and mules and can be naturally contracted by other mammals such as goats, dogs, and cats.
SAHITYA AKADEMI AWARDS
- Established in 1954, is a literary honour in India.
- The award’s purpose is to recognize and promote excellence in Indian Writing and Also Acknowledge New Trends.
- The awards are given for works published in any of the 22 listed in the Eighth Schedule of the Indian Constitution, along with English and
Rajasthani recognised by the Sahitya Akademi.
20th ANNIVERSARY OF THE VICTORY AT KARGIL
- Indian Army declared the Kargil mission successful on July 26, 1999; since then the day has been celebrated annually as Kargil Vijay Diwas.
- The year 2019, marks the 20th anniversary of victory in ‘Operation VIJAYʼ popularly known as the ‘Kargil Warʼ.
- 20th anniversary of victory in ‘Operation VIJAYʼ is being celebrated with the theme ‘Remember, Rejoice and Renewʼ.
Safed Sagar, the Indian Air Forceʼs operation, was a major part of the Kargil war. It used air power at the height of 32,000 feet for the first time.
//php comments_template(); ?>