Swadesh Darshan Scheme
15, Jul 2018
Ministry of Tourism launched the Swadesh Darshan Scheme a Central Sector Scheme for integrated development of theme based tourist circuits in the country. It develop tourism related infrastructure and service in selected area.
- To position tourism as a major engine of economic growth and job creation.
- Develop circuits having tourist potential in a planned and prioritized manner.
- Promote cultural and heritage value of the country to generate livelihoods in the identified regions.
- Enhancing the tourist attractiveness in a sustainable manner by developing world class infrastructure in the circuit /destinations.
- Follow community based development and pro-poor tourism approach.
- Creating awareness among the local communities about the importance of tourism for them in terms of increased sources of income, improved living standards and overall development of the area.
- To create employment through active involvement of local communities.
- Harness tourism potential for its effects in employment generation and economic development.
- To make full use of the potential and advantages in terms of available infrastructure, national culture and characteristic strong points of each and every region throughout the country by development of theme based circuits.
- Development of tourist facilitation services to enhance visitor experience/satisfaction.
- The Scheme is 100% centrally funded and efforts are made to achieve convergence with other schemes of Central and State Governments and also to leverage the voluntary funding available for Corporate Social Responsibility(CSR) initiatives of Central Public Sector Undertakings and Corporate Sector.
- Suitable Public Private Partnerships to be taken up for improved sustainability of the projects.
- A Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) may be created for the purpose, wherever feasible.
- At present the duration of Swadesh Darshan Scheme is till the 14th Finance Commission Period i.e. March 2020.