SWASTH BHARAT YATRA NATIONAL CAMPAIGN
Why in News?
- The Union Government has launched a national campaign ‘Swasth Bharat Yatra’ on occasion of World Food Day that is observed on 16 October to sensitise people about eating safe food and be healthy.
- The campaign has been launched in association with states and led by Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI).
Swasth Bharat Yatra national campaign:
- Under this campaign, a pan-India cycle rally is being organized to create consumer awareness about eating safe and nutritious food for becoming healthy and combating food adulteration.
- In this rally, about 7,500 cyclists are expected to participate in over 18,000 km travelling across six tracks through almost every state and UT over 100 days to propagate a powerful message ‘Eat Right India’.
- The cyclathon will culminate in the national capital on January 27, 2019.
- This campaign will not only mobilise masses but also create a large pool of local community to sustain this movement.
World Food Day:
- World Food Day is celebrated on October 16 every year to raise awareness on the issues of poverty and hunger. World Food Day was established by Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) in November 1979 and since then the day is celebrated worldwide by many organisations that are concerned with food security.
//php comments_template(); ?>