TAMIL NADU GOVT PROMOTES M-SAND FOR CONSTRUCTION WORKS AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO RIVER SAND
- Tamil Nadu Government is promoting M-sand for construction works as an alternative to river sand.
- The excessive mining of river bed to meet the increasing demand for sand in construction industry has lead to the ecological imbalance.
- Manufactured sand (M sand) is a substitute of river bed sand for construction purposes.
- M sand is produced from hard granite stone by crushing.
- The crushed sand is of cubical shape with grounded edges, washed and graded to as a construction material.
- It can be dust free and the sizes of m-sand can be controlled easily so that it meets the required grading for the given construction.
- The cost of construction can also be controlled by the use of manufactured sand as an alternative material for construction and it can be readily available.
//php comments_template(); ?>