Task Force on Artificial Intelligence
16, Jul 2018
Prelims level : Science & Tech Mains level : Paper - III Awareness in the field of IT, Computer, Robotics
A Multi stakeholder task force chaired by N. Chandrasekaran appointed in February to with mandate to
- Studied the level of AI development in India in general and specific in the context of defence needs.
- Made recommendations of making India a significant power of AI in defence specifically in the area of aviation, naval, land systems, cyber, nuclear, and biological warfare;
- Made recommendations for policy and institutional interventions that are required to regulate and encourage a robust AI based technologies for defence sector in the country.
- Considering that most AI work is happening in private sector, made recommendations to work with start-ups/commercial industry in the field of use of AI for defence purposes.
- Artificial Intelligence: Artificial intelligence (AI) is an area of computer science that emphasizes the creation of intelligent machines that work and react like humans.
Some of the activities computers with artificial intelligence are designed for include:
- Speech recognition
- Problem solving