Tenth National Science Film Festival of India to be held in Agartala, Tripura in 2020
02, Jun 2019
Prelims level : Mains level :
- 10th National Science Film Festival of India(NSFFl) will be in Agartala, Tripura in January-February 2020.
- This is for the second time the event will be held in a North-Eastern city.
- It will be jointly hosted by Vigyan Prasar of the Central Government, State Government, and Tripura Central University.
- Chief Minister of the State Biplab Kumar Deb had requested the Union Science and Technology Ministerto hold the NSFF in Tripura.
- Minimum 1 0 countries will participate in the upcoming event and it will include the films produced by UNICEF, UNESCO and filmmakers from different countries.
- In NSFFI, the maximum length of the films will be 40 minutes and Vigyan Prasar will raise awareness on science and environment to the society through cinemas.
- NSFFI was first held in Chennai in 2011.
- Since then, all the regions of the nation have been covered including Bhubaneshwar, Kolkata, Bangalore, Lucknow, Mumbai, Guwahati and Mohali.
- Besides the NSFFI, The Tripura Government has plans to host ‘Destination Tripura’, a special competitive film production initiative.
- It will focus on upholding tourism and rich biodiversity of Tripura like the flora and fauna, wildlife sanctuaries, water bodies, rubber and bamboo plantations