THE HINDU 500-year-old well found in Kartarpur
- A 500-year-old well, believed to have been built during the lifetime of the founder of Sikhism Guru Nanak Dev, has been discovered at the enclosure of a gurdwara on the Kartarpur corridor, which will facilitate easy passage of Sikh pilgrims to the historic Gurdwara Darbar Sahib in Pakistan.
- The 20-foot well, made of small red bricks, was discovered while digging the enclosure of Gurdwara Dera Sahib Kartarpur, some 125 km from Lahore, on the Kartarpur corridor, caretaker of the gurdwara, Sardar Gobind Singh.
- The well (Khu sahib) is a boon for the Sikh pilgrims who would flock to the place on Baisakhi and other occasions and take away its sweet water. The water of the well had healing quality.
- It will also be a great attraction for the Indian Sikhs due here on the 550th birth anniversary of Baba Guru Nanak.
- The year 2019 marks the 550th birth anniversary year of Sikhism founder Guru Nanak Dev, whose birthplace is Sri Nankana Sahib in Pakistan.
//php comments_template(); ?>