THE HINDU Army to induct women as military police
- In a historic first, the Army began the process to induct women in the military police, nearly two years after Army Chief Gen. Bipin Rawat said women will be recruited as jawans.
- The Army started the online registration for recruitment in the Corps of military and the last date for filing application has been fixed as June 8.
- The recruitment for ‘Soldier General Duty (Women Military Police)’ was mooted by the Army Chief General Bipin Rawat soon after he took over the post.
- The approval for the creation of the post came recently by the Defence Ministry.
- The move comes three months after the Government announced that women would be inducted into the force in the “Personnel Below Officer Rank” (PBOR) category in a graded manner to eventually comprise 20 percent of total Corps of Military Police
//php comments_template(); ?>