Titan has 100 m deep methane lakes
- Saturn’s largest moon Titan has small liquid lakes that run more than 100metres deep, perched atop hills and filled with methane.
- This was founded by scientists using data from NASA’s Cassini spacecraft.
- The findings are published in the journal Nature Astronomy.
- They provide new information about the way liquid methane rains on,evaporates from and seeps into Titan.
- The NASA probe found that Saturn’s largest moon has small, deep lakes filled with methane.
- Titan is the only known body in our solar system other than Earth with a liquid on its surface. But rather than a water cycle, it has a methane and ethane cycle.
//php comments_template(); ?>