TRAI asks Telcos to submit plan details of segmented offers every month
- The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has directed operators to submit before it all tariff plans that they offer to select segments of customers at the end of every month.
- Telecom regulator issued the new direction to telecom operators directing them to submit before it details of rates, terms and conditions of scheme, quantum of service that customers will get, name of the plan, validity period of subion and benefits available to the subscriber under the plan in which segment offer has been given.
- TRAI also directed service providers to share with it the number of subscribers at the end of each month who have availed the segmented offer.
- Trai had issued a similar order in October 2018 but the same was set aside by the Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT).
- The new order for segmented tariff disclosures comes after the Supreme Court on January 21 held that “there will be no stay on the impugned judgment (of TDSAT) except to the extent of remand”
//php comments_template(); ?>