TRUMP SIGNS ORDER TO ESTABLISH US SPACE FORCE
- President Trump has signed a directive to create a Military Space Force. The directive orders the Pentagon to establish the Space Force as the sixth branch of the United States military, to go along with the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard.
Military Space Force
- The main goal of the Space Force is to secure and extend American dominance of the space domain. The features of the Military space force are:
- Rather than deploying soldiers in space, the Space Force will focus on national security and preserving the satellites and vehicles that are dedicated to international communications and observation.
- Space could be a new warfighting domain and the US aims to be combat ready with Military Space Force.
- The Space force will be responsible to deter and defeat threats in space and will organize, train, and equip military space forces.
- The Space force will ensure unfettered access to, and freedom to operate in space, and to provide vital capabilities to joint and coalition forces.
- The creation of military space force to materialise requires approval from the US Congress.
//php comments_template(); ?>