UAE to issue equivalency to all Indian degrees
- The UAE government will issue equivalency to all Indian degrees that match the set criteria, a move that comes as a huge relief for expats having difficulty in getting jobs in the Gulf country.
- Indian Ambassador Navdeep Singh Suri called on UAE Education Minister Hussain Bin Ibrahim last week to discuss problems faced by Indian nationals following rejection of equivalency of some Indian degrees due to lack of clarity over internal/external marks.
- The Ministry of Education of the United Arab Emirates notified that it has no objection to equivalency of those degrees that meets all other certificate equivalency criteria.
- The UAE education ministry reviewed the information provided to it through the ‘Action Plan for Academic and Administrative Reforms’ issued by the University Grant Commission which clarified that the word “external” in some of the Indian mark sheets reflect the method of evaluation and not place of study.
- Those applications that have been rejected previously will be reviewed and equivalency letters would be issued after meeting all other certificate equivalency conditions.