Why in News?
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI), had launched a National Level Entrepreneurship Awareness Campaign, Udyam Abhilasha in 115 Aspirational Districts identified by NITI Aayog.
- The campaign would create and strengthen cadre of more than 800 trainers to provide entrepreneurship training to the aspiring youths across these districts.
- SIDBI has partnered with CSC e-Governance Services India Limited, a Special Purpose Vehicle, (CSC SPV) set up by the Ministry of Electronics & IT, Govt. of India for implementing the campaign.
- SIDBI is also taking-up with stakeholders including Banks, NABARD, NBFCs, SFBs, District Industries Centres, State Govt. etc. to be a part of this campaign and ensure multifold impact.
Objectives of the Campaign:
- To inspire rural youth in Aspirational districts to be entrepreneurs by assisting them to set up their own enterprise,
- To impart trainings through digital medium across the country,
- To create business opportunities for CSC VLEs,
- To focus on women aspirants in these Aspirational districts to encourage women entrepreneurship andTo assist participants to become bankable and avail credit facility from banks to set up their own enterprise.
Role of Village Level entrepreneurs:
- CSC VLEs would play role of catalyst for these aspiring entrepreneurs.
- Apart from training, VLEs would also provide handholding support to the aspirants to establish new units by assisting them in availing loans for their enterprise.
- They will help making youth aware about various initiatives of Government of India like Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana, SUI etc.
Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI):
- It is the Principal Financial Institution for the Promotion, Financing, Development and Coordination of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) sector.
- SIDBI meets the financial and developmental needs of the MSME sector with a Credit+ approach to make it strong, vibrant and globally competitive.
- SIDBI, under its revamped strategy SIDBI 2.0, has adopted the theme of ease of access to MSEs and being Impact Multiplier & Digital Aggregator.