UNESCO Cano Press Freedom Prize announced
- The UNESCO/Guillermo Cano Press Freedom Prize 2019 has been awardedto Reuters reporters Wa Lone and Kyaw SoeOo.
- The prize carries a reward of $25,000 Prize.
- It recognises the exceptional courage in reporting on alleged human rightsviolations in Myanmar’s state of Rakhine.
- The award was established in 1997 and named after Guillermo Cano Isaza.
- The annual UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize recognises outstanding contribution to the defence and, or promotion of press freedom, and especially in the face of danger
//php comments_template(); ?>