Union Cabinet Decisions
- Cabinet approves moving a Resolution in the first Assembly of the International Solar Alliance for amending the Framework Agreement of the ISA for opening up the ISA membership to all countries that are members of the United Nations.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given ex-post facto approval for moving a Resolution in the first Assembly of the International Solar Alliance amending the Framework Agreement of the ISA for opening up the ISA membership to all countries that are members of the United Nations.
- Opening the membership of the ISA will put solar energy in global agenda with the universal appeal for developing and deploying solar energy.
- It will make ISA inclusive, whereby all member countries that are members of the United Nations could become member. Expanding membership will lead to ISA initiative benefitting the world at large.
Vision and Mission of the ISA
- Vision and mission of the International Solar Alliance is to provide a dedicated platform for cooperation among solar resource rich countries where the global community, including bilateral and multilateral organizations, corporates, industry, and other stakeholders, can make a positive contribution to assist and help achieve the common goals of increasing the use of solar energy in meeting energy needs of prospective ISA member countries in a safe, convenient, affordable, equitable and sustainable manner.
Key Information About International Solar Alliance
- There is no specific body in place to address the specific solar technology deployment needs of the solar resource rich countries located between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn.
- Most of these countries are geographically located for optimal absorption of the sun’s rays. There is a great amount of sunlight year-round which can lead to cost effective solar power and other end uses with high insolation of almost 300 sunny days in a year. Most of the countries have large agrarian populations. Many countries face gaps in the potential solar energy manufacturing eco-system.
- Absence of universal energy access, energy equity and affordability are issues common to most of the solar resource rich countries. International Solar Alliance (ISA) is conceived as a coalition of solar resource rich countries to address their special energy needs and will provide a platform to collaborate on addressing the identified gaps through a common, agreed approach.
- It will not duplicate or replicate the efforts that others are currently engaged in, but will establish networks and develop synergies with them and supplement their efforts in a sustainable and focused manner.
//php comments_template(); ?>