US approves sale of 24 MH 60 Romeo Seahawk helicopters to India
- The Trump administration has approved the sale of 24 multi-role MH-60 Romeo Seahawk helicopters to India at an estimated cost of 2.4 billion US dollars, the State Department has said.
- It is considered the world’s most advanced maritime helicopter.
- The choppers will provide the Indian defence forces with the capability to perform anti-surface and anti-submarine warfare missions.
- The US government yesterday notified the Congress that it has approved the sale of the helicopters.
- In its notification, the State Department told the Congress that this proposed sale will support the foreign policy of the US by helping to strengthen the US-Indian strategic relationship.
- The proposed sale of the helicopters will not alter the basic military balance in the region, the statement added.
//php comments_template(); ?>