VANDE BHARAT EXPRESS
GS 3: Economy | Infrastructure: Energy, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways, etc.
Why in news?
Minister of Railways announced the name “Vande Bharat Express” for Train 18, acknowledging its made-in-India status.
- This train set has been manufactured by Integral Coach Factory (ICF) in the period of 18 months under ‘Make in India’ program.
- It can achieve high speeds (max speed of 160 kmph) due to faster acceleration & deceleration and will reduced journey time by 25% to 45%.
- Vande Bharat Express incorporates many modern features which debut for the very first time on Indian Railways.
- It has been provided with ‘State of the Art’ passenger amenities like On-board wifi entertainment, GPS based passenger information system, CCTVs, bio-vacuum toilets, rotating chairs in executive class, etc. at par with global standards.
- It also has provision of Divyang-friendly facilities.
- It will have 16 coaches with Chair Car type configuration with 2 Executive Class Chair Cars and 14 Chair Cars.
- Further, it has intelligent braking system with power regeneration for better energy efficiency thereby making it cost, energy and environment efficient.