VEER SAVARKAR INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT IN PORT BLAIR DECLARED AS AN AUTHORIZED IMMIGRATION CHECK POST
05, Jan 2019
Prelims level : Mains level :
- Veer Savarkar International Airport in Port Blair has been declared as an authorized Immigration Check post for entry into/exit from India with valid travel documents for all classes of passengers.
- This decision of the Union Government will open up the Port Blair Airport for direct international flight and immigration facilities.
- For this purpose, the Superintendent of Police (CID), Andaman and Nicobar Police has been appointed as the ‘Civil Authority’ for the purpose of the immigration check post.
- The Administration has taken up various measures to facilitate better and seamless connectivity.
- Efforts are being made for the early operation of international flights from the Airport, and also extending facilities of e-visa and visa on arrival.
Veer Savarkar International Airport is present in which of the followind state/UT?
b. Uttar Pradesh
c. Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Analyse the steps taken by the govt to boost connectivity and tourism in Andaman and Nicobar Islands?