What are the impediments in disposing the huge quantities of discarded solid wastes which are continuously being generated? How do we remove safely the toxic wastes that have been accumulating in our habitable environment?
STRUCTURE OF THE ANSWER:
- • Introduction.
- • What is Solid waste.
- • Discuss about the impediments in disposing the huge quantities of discarded solid wastes in India.
- • List down the ways to remove safely the toxic wastes.
- • Conclusion.
- • Solid wastes are the abandoned or discarded materials i.e. any garbage, discarded materials including solid, liquid, semi-solid, or gaseous material, resulting from industrial, commercial, mining and agricultural operations.
- • The current status of solid waste management (SWM) in India is poor because the best and most appropriate methods from waste collection to disposal are not being used.
- • There is a lack of training in SWM and the availability of qualified waste management professionals is limited.
- • Municipal authorities are responsible for managing municipal solid waste (MSW) in India
- • The lack of strategic MSW plans, waste collection/segregation and a government finance regulatory framework are major barriers to achieving effective SWM in India.
- • Limited environmental awareness combined with low motivation has inhibited innovation and the adoption of new technologies that could transform waste management in India.
- • Four R’s: Refuse, Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
//php comments_template(); ?>