WINGS INDIA 2020
21, Jan 2020
Prelims level : Science and Technology – Defence. Mains level : GS-III Indian Economy and issues relating to Planning, Mobilization of Resources, Growth, Development and Employment.
Why in News?
- Indian Civil Aviation industry has declared that its Flagship Event “Wings India 2020” will be held at Begumpet Airport, Hyderabad in the second week of March.
Wings India 2020:
- Wings India 2020 is an international exhibition and conference on the civil aviation sector.
- Hyderabad being the hub of Aviation remains the natural host of the event.
- It will be jointly organised by the Ministry of Civil Aviation, Government of India, Airport Authority of India (AAI) and the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
- The theme of the year 2020 is “Flying for All’’ and the focus is on the new business acquisition, investments, policy formation and regional connectivity in the civil aviation industry.
- It will be Asia’s largest and most popular gathering in the Aviation Industry.
About Airports Authority of India:
- It was constituted by an Act of Parliament in 1995 by merging erstwhile National Airports Authority and International Airports Authority of India.
- It is entrusted with the responsibility of creating, upgrading, maintaining and managing civil aviation infrastructure both on the ground and air space in the country.
About Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry:
- It was Established in 1927 and is the largest and oldest apex business organisation in India.
- It is a non-government, not-for-profit organisation.
- It provides a platform for networking and consensus building within and across sectors and is the first port of call for Indian industry, policymakers and the international business community.