Prelims Syllabus : Polity Governance- Parliament P3 Mains Syllabus : Structure, organization and functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary Ministries and Departments of the Government; pressure groups and formal/informal associations and their role in the Polity.
- Launched by Odisha government
- Aims to provide security to witnesses facing threat during the course of a legal battle.
- District •level standing committee, chaired by a district and sessions judge, with the district police head as its member and the head of the prosecution in the district as its member secretary, will take a call on the need for protection.
- The district police chief will submit a report with regard to the seriousness and credibility of the threat to the witness or his/her family members if the person applies in a prescribed form.
- The report will detail the nature of the threat to the witness or his/her family members, their reputation or property.
- Besides, the intent and motive of the person issuing the threat and the resources available with him/her to execute it will figure in the analysis.
- The threat analysis report, prepared with “full confidentiality will reach the competent authority “within five working days of its order for inquiry.
- The Witness Protection Cell will then ensure that the identities of the witness and his/her family members, including names, parentage, occupation, address and digital footprints, are fully protected.