Yoga Instructor, Namrata Menon appointed as brand ambassador to promote yoga in Goa
03, Jun 2019
Prelims level : Mains level :
- State Health Department of Goa announced the appointment of Panaji-based, Namrata Menon, Yoga Instructor, and fitness expert, as brand ambassador to promote yoga in Goa.
- She is appointed to promote the ancient system of physical and mental practices to raise awareness about the benefits of yoga so that people follow it on a daily basis.
- She is practicing yoga for 17 years.
- The main objective of this initiative is to increase awareness about the benefits of yoga and encourage people to inculcate a healthy lifestyle.
- The Panaji-based expert has been practicing yoga since the last 17 years and has been instrumental in inspiring many people to take up the ancient practice that involves a range of postures (asanas).