Why in News?
- Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare has launched the online software for Agmark.
Agmark Online System:
- The application processes related to Agmark certification are being done online by the Directorate of Marketing & Inspection (DMI).
- The process of application will be simple, quick, transparent and 24×7.
- The Agmark online system is being implemented across the country to conduct quality control functions.
- Through the Agmark online system, certificate of authorisation (domestic), permission of printing press, permission of laboratories (domestic) and services related to laboratory information management system will be provided online.
Move for speedy certification:
- The existing procedures for Agmark certification were in physical form and time consuming.
- The use of modern technologies by the National Informatics Center has made these processes easy, reliable and cost effective by providing online electronic mode.
- In the new online application system, there are provisions for online receipt of fees from the applicants.
- Payment will be received in digital mode through bharatkosh.gov.in website.