What the UPSC Says?
- The candidate will be interviewed by a Board who will have before them a record of his / her career. He/she will be asked questions on matters of general interest. The object of the interview is to assess the personal suitability of the candidate for a career in public service by a Board of competent and unbiased observers.
- The test is intended to judge the mental calibre of a candidate. In broad terms this is really an assessment of not only his intellectual qualities but also social traits and his interest in current affairs.
- Some of the qualities to be judged are mental alertness, critical powers of assimilation, clear and logical exposition, balance of judgement, variety and depth of interest, ability for social cohesion and leadership, intellectual and moral integrity.
- The technique of the interview is not that of a strict cross – examination but of a natural, though directed and purposive conversation which is intended to reveal the mental qualities of the candidate.
- The interview test is not intended to be a test either of the specialized or general knowledge of the candidates which has been already tested through their written papers.
- Candidates are expected to have taken an intelligent interest not only in their special subjects of academic study but also in the events which are happening around them both within and outside their own state or country as well as in modern currents of thought and in new discoveries which should rouse the curiosity of well educated youth.
- Dress code
- Body language
- Soft skills training
- Synopsis of news analysis from All India Radio, Loksabha & Rajyasabha Tv’s
- Significant current Events / Issues
- Social cohesion ability
- Developing the qualities of a leader
- Communication skills including public speaking sessions to develop a confident outlook
- Detailed analysis of DAF along with a document containing possible standard questions from DAF prepared by VETRII IAS STUDY CIRCLE Interview Team
Mastering current affairs
- International, National, State Issues and other conventional issues – taught by the best faculties in Tamil Nadu
Special focused on hobbies:
- For hobbies and extra curricular activities, one to one dicussion with specialists and experts will be arranged
UPSC – FAQ
- Preparation for standard questions asked in UPSC interview (eg. Why Civil Services?., Why this particular optional? Etc.,
Mirror bowl exercise
Situation based questions
- How to be mental alertness? using common sense and scientific temper.
- Constructing clear, logical expositions and presenting rational arguments
- Critical assimilation of news, events and issues
- Making balanced judgements
Intellectual & Moral integrity
For the topics listed here, a detailed schedule containing coaching class break-up will be provided at our office in Anna Nagar.