Why in news?
- An ‘e-Drishti’ interface developed by Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS) has been unveiled for the Union Railway Ministry.
- The E-Drishti software is developed by Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS).
- This software includes an interface which provides summary information on punctuality of trains for the previous day.
- There is also an interface which provides information on current train running on the Indian Railway network.
- In addition, there are interfaces providing details of freight earning, freight loading and passenger earnings for the previous day & month and cumulative for the year, in comparison to the corresponding period of the previous year.
- Punctuality of passenger carrying trains is being also monitored rigorously to improve punctuality performance on a daily basis at Divisional, Zonal and Railway Board levels.
- To ensure running of trains right time when pairing trains are running late, scratch rakes are inducted and rakes are standardized to the extent operationally feasible.
- Besides, punctuality drives are launched from time to time and staff involved in train operations is sensitized.
- In addition, Zonal Railways have also been advised to have better coordination with Civil and Police authorities of states to deal with situations arising out of law and order problems.