Why in News?
- International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT) launched the Certification with high security features in order to prevent use of forged certificates in New Delhi.
- This is a first of its kind initiative taken by any automotive certification agency in India for enhancing the security of the Central Motor Vehicles Rule certificates.
- These certificates include Type Approval Certificates (TAC) and Conformity of Production (COP) Certificates for vehicles, engines and components.
- The new ICAT certificate format consists of nine new and unique security features incorporated in the certificate.
- The most important security feature is the paper itself on which the certificate is to be printed as it is a special paper which is made especially according to ICAT’s specific requirements.
- The certificates will be printed using special printers which have been imported by ICAT for this very purpose.
- With the new high security features it will become difficult to forge or counterfeit the ICAT certificate.
- While some of the security features are generic in nature, the other features are specific for each certificate i.e. the contents or the information covered through these features will be specific for that particular certificate.
- Some of the features are visible only through ultraviolet light.
- The unique features in the certificate are as listed below:
- oHigh security paper
- oPrinting using the ultraviolet ink
- oReverse Pantograph
- oSecure code
- oPrint code
- oDigitally printed stamp and seal of ICAT
- International Centre for Automotive Technology is located at Manesar in Gurugram district of Haryana state of India.
- ICAT is the premier certification agency authorized by Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MORTH) for providing testing and certification services to the vehicle and component manufacturers situated within India and abroad.,
- In addition to the certification services, ICAT is providing extensive testing services for product development and validation.