Prelims Syllabus : Mains Syllabus : GS- III Infrastructure: Energy, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways
- The Air Passengers Association of India (APAI) has expressed concern over India’s low ‘air safety oversight score’, which is lower than that of Myanmar, Bangladesh, Maldives, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal and North Korea in the Asia-Pacific region
- The ICAO Universal Safety Oversight Audit Programme seeks to identify if countries have consistently implemented a safety-oversight system
(USOAP) ICAO Universal Safety Oversight Audit Programme:
- ICAO is a UN specialized agency. USOAP is a Programme of ICAO
- The objective of USOAP is to promote global aviation safety.
- It does this by auditing Contracting States, on a regular basis, to determine the States’ capability for safety oversight.