Why in News?
- Admiral Christophe Prazuck, Chief of the Naval Staff, French Navy is visiting India from 06 Jan 19 in conjunction with Raisina Dialogue (08-09 Jan 19).
Aim of the meet:
- The visit aims to consolidate bilateral naval relations between India and France, as also to explore new avenues for naval cooperation.
- A range of issues of mutual interest to both navies, encompassing maritime operations, training, logistics and maintenance would be discussed during these meetings.
- Raisina Dialogue is an annual conference held in New Delhi. It is envisioned to be India’s flagship conference of geopolitics and geo-economics.
- The name of conference comes from Raisina Hill which is the elevation in New Delhi where presidential palace of India, Rashtrapati Bhavan is located.
- It is premeditated to explore prospects and opportunities for Asian integration and Asia’s integration with the bigger world. It is an asserted on India’s significant role in the Indian Ocean Region and how India could build a stable regional and world order along with its partners.
- It is organized on the lines of the Shangri-La Dialogue held in Singapore.
- It is structured as a multi-stakeholder, cross-sectorial conclave, involving policy and decision makers, including cabinet ministers from various Governments, high-level Government officials and policy practitioners, leading personalities from business and industry etc.