Prelims Syllabus : PoshanMaah Mains Syllabus : Mission Mode implementation of PoshanAbhiyaan
Why in News?
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development, has urged the Ministers of partner Ministries and all the Members of Parliament to extend full support to the ongoing RashtriyaPoshanMaah with outreach activities. The Government is celebrating the month of September, 2018 as the National Nutrition Month under the PoshanAbhiyan.
- The Government is celebrating the month of September, 2018 as the National Nutrition Month under the PoshanAbhiyan.
- The key feature of this programme is mobilization of communities across the country and gets their participation in addressing various aspects of the nutritional challenges.
- National Nutrition Month has eight key themes-
- Antenatal Care
- Optimal Breastfeeding
- Complementary Feeding
- Growth Monitoring
- Diet and right age of marriage for girls
- Hygiene and Sanitation and Food fortification
Jan Andolan under the Project:
- POSHAN Abhiyaan seeks to synergise efforts of key stakeholders by leveraging technology and intends to take Nutrition Awareness to the level of Jan Andolan or People’s Movement.
- This People’s Movement intends to reach 11 crore beneficiaries during the RashtriyaPoshanMaah itself.
- Since the launch, Government has organised many Awareness Workshops with an aim to reduce stunting, under-nutrition, anemia and low birth weight.
- Stakeholders across India will be encouraged to undertake activities ranging from State Level Workshops to Nomination of Brand Ambassadors to Multi-Media Campaigns.