GS 2: Governance | Issues relating to development & management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources
- It aims to engage constructively with Poor Minority youth and help them obtain sustainable and gainful employment opportunities that can facilitate them to be integrated with mainstream economic activities.
- Integrated Skill Training is being provided to the youth in market driven skills.
- The other objectives include, raise awareness and sensitization in health and life skills, Mobilize school dropout minority youths with formal education and certification upto level 8th or 10th through National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) or other State open schooling systems.
- It was launched for the first time in J&K in 2016, where girls from minority communities are being imparted three-month skill development training in seven identified sectors relevant to the region.
DeendayalUpadhyay Gram JyotiYojana (DDUGJY):
- It is the flagship programme of Ministry of Power to provide 24X7 power supply to rural areas.
- It focuses on feeder separation (rural households & agricultural) and strengthening of sub-transmission & distribution infrastructure including metering at all levels in rural areas.
- his will help in providing round the clock power to rural households and adequate power to agricultural consumers.
- Rajiv Gandhi GrameenVidyutikaranYojana (RGGVY) has been subsumed in it.
- Integrated Power Development Scheme (IPDS) – It isto provide 24×7 power supply in the urban area.
- Remote Village Electrification Programme (RVEP) is a scheme implemented by Ministry of New & Renewable energy in various states to provide basic lighting through Renewable Energy Sources in unelectrified villages and hamlets of electrified census villages.