Why in News?
- Ministry of Railways has introduced Unreserved Mobile Ticketing with a view to promote three C’s– Cashless transactions, Contact less ticketing and Customer convenience and experience.
UTS on Mobile:
- Booking of unreserved tickets on all non-suburban sections across all Zonal Railways has been made available from November , 1st.
- It enables seamless booking of unreserved tickets all over Indian Railways which will obviate the need for passengers to wait in queues for purchasing the tickets.
- The facility of booking unreserved tickets, including season tickets and also platform tickets is available through the ‘UTSONMOBILE’ app available for Android, IOS and Windows phones.
Details of the app:
- ‘UTSONMOBILE’ application is available for Android, IOS, Windows phones and can be downloaded from Google play or window store.
- It is developed by Indian Railway- CRIS.
- The process of ticket booking involves downloading the application and registration by furnishing the requisite details.
- After successful registration, the user is given credentials to book ticket through this application within the ticketing area and outside the Geo-fenced area.
- Geo-fenced area is station premises and train route within which ticket cannot be booked.
- The facility of making payment through all types of digital modes i.e. debit card, credit card, net-banking, UPI and other e-wallets has been introduced.
- Mobile Ticketing shall promote 3C’s- Cashless transactions, Contact less ticketing and Customer convenience.
- Seamless booking of unreserved tickets all over Indian Railways.
- Obviate the need for passengers to wait in queues for purchasing the tickets and enhance the experience for booking unreserved tickets – journey, season tickets, platform tickets.
- Environment friendly.