What is sandbox? Explain why it is often mentioned in the context of financial technologies companies? Also explain its importance in Indian economy.
Structure of answer:
- Introduction (Discuss about SEBI).
- Objective of Sandbox.
- Why sand box is important in Indian economy?
- Way forward.
- A live, testing environment where new products, processes, services and business models could be deployed on a limited set of eligible customers for a specified period of time, with certain relaxations in the regulations and guidelines.
- The sandbox is intended to serve as a testing ground for new business models and technologies that benefit the investors, Indian markets and the Indian economy at large.
- To begin with, all market participants that are registered with the SEBI will be eligible to test within the sandbox.
- At a later stage, SEBI may allow sandbox access to fintech start-ups and other fintech firms as well.
- To be eligible to be tested in the sandbox, a solution need to show that it directly benefits the investors and poses no risks to the financial markets among other parameters.
//php comments_template(); ?>