30, Jul 2018
Prelims level : Science & Tech Mains level : III Disaster Management
- Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction(AMCDRR) 2108 held in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
- The conference was organised seventh time in collaboration with the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction
- Participants include delegates from Asian and Pacific countries, governmental and inter-governmental organisations, United Nations and international organisations, and stakeholder groups including National Societies of Red Cross and Red Crescent Organisations, Children and Youth, Civil Society and Community Practitioners, Women, Parliamentarians, Local Authorities, Science and Technology and Academia, Private Sector, Media, Disability.
- The theme of the AMCDRR 2018: ‘Preventing Disaster Risk: Protecting Sustainable Development’ reflects the essence of the Sendai Framework
- The conference will represent a key milestone for reflection on three years into the implementation of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030. Specifically, the conference will enable governments and stakeholders to review progress made against the commitments at the AMCDRR 2016, i.e. the New Delhi Declaration
- After the Indian Ocean tsunami came in 2004, India was among the five countries that were very badly impacted and took prime initiative to endorse for creating new laws for disaster risk management.
- This AMCDRR created in collaboration with UNSIDR(United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction)
- Biennial conference
- In India it was held in 2007,2016.
- 2016 conference led to DELHI DECELRATION on disaster management
- Transforming the commitments made in Sendai Framework by the governments into visible action.
- Deciding the direction for implementation and monitoring of the Sendai Framework