Central Government seeks inputs from citizens on Union Budget 2019-20
08, Jun 2019
Prelims level : Mains level :
- Central Government has sought inputs from citizens on the Union Budget 2019-20 with a view to making the Budget-making exercise more participative and inclusive. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will present the budget on 5th of July.
- The comments have been sought on government’s portal – mygov.in by 20th of this month.
- According to the portal, the Ministry of Finance sought inputs from citizens saying that this has been a practice for the last several years.
- Citizens from all walks of life are welcome to be a part of this democratic exercise.
- The first session of the newly elected 17th Lok Sabha will be held from 17th of June to 26th July. The Economic Survey for 2019-20 will be tabled on 4th of July followed by the presentation of the budget on the next day.