China Building ‘Advanced’ Warships for Pak. Report
03, Jan 2019
Prelims level : International organizations/events/treaties/policies Mains level : GS 2: Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interests, Indian Diaspora.
- China is building the first of four “most advanced” naval warships for Pakistan as part of a major bilateral arms deal to ensure among other things “balance of power” in the strategic Indian Ocean, the state media reported.
- These advanced warships will be equipped with modern detection and weapon systems, it will be capable of anti-ship, anti-submarine and air-defence operations
- It is a version of the Chinese Navy’s most advanced guided missile frigate.
- Once constructed, the warship will be one It will also support the Pakistan Navy’s initiative of securing sea lanes for international shipping by patrolling distant waters
- It will also support the Pakistan Navy’s initiative of securing sea lanes for international shipping by patrolling distant waters
- China is the largest supplier of weapon system to Pakistan.
- Both countries also jointly manufacturing the JF-Thunder, a single engine multi-role combat aircraft.