01, Jun 2019
Prelims level : Mains level :
- The airport, to be known as Noida International Airport, will be developed in four phases between 2020 and 2040 at a cost of Rs.30,000 crore on 1,300 hectares of land.
- The first phase will be built by financial year 2023 and is proposed to have one runway, parallel taxiway, parking bays for 25 aircraft, an Air Traffic Control building, cargo terminal building, among others.
- When fully built by 2040, the airport will have two runways, two terminal buildings, parking bays for 102 aircraft and will be able to handle 7 crore passengers per annum.
- The nodal authority, Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority (YEIDA), overseeing Jewar airport concluded that the Rapid Metro from Meerut to Delhi will connect IGI to Noida International Airport.
- An elevated road from IGI to Jewar is planned and the U.P. government has written to the Ministry of Urban Development