1. Consider the following regarding the 103rd Constitutional Amendment Act:

  1. It amended the Constitution to extend 10% reservation economically weaker sections among all castes and communities, including all Christians and Muslims.
  2. The 10% reservation will be in addition to the existing cap of 50% reservation for the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and the Other Backward Classes, taking total reservation to 60%. 

Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?


2. Consider the following with regard to Vembanad Lake:

  1. It is the largest Ramsar site in India.
  2. It is a source of four rivers: Meenachil, Achankovil, Pampa and Manimala.

Select the correct answer using the code given below:


3. Which of the following are the conditions to be included in the reservation for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)?

  1. Annual household income below Rs 8 lakh.
  2. Agriculture land below 5 acres.
  3. Residential house below 1000 sqft.
  4. Residential plot below 100 yards in notified municipality.
  5. Residential plot below 200 yards in non-notified municipality area.

Select the correct answer using the codes given below:


4. Consider the following statements:

  1. Maharashtra was first in this respect with its Lokayukta body established in 1971.
  2. The lokayukta and upalokayukta are appointed by the Chief Justice of the High Courts of the state. 
  3. In most of the states, the term of office fixed for lokayukta is of 5 years duration or 65 years of age, whichever is earlier. 

Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?


5. With reference to the Indra Sawhney case, which of the statement(s) given below is/are correct?

  1. The Court rejected the additional reservation of 10% for poorer sections of higher castes, but it upheld the constitutional validity of 27% reservation for the OBCs with certain conditions.
  2. No reservation in promotions; reservation should be confined to initial appointments only.
  3. The carry forward rule in case of unfilled vacancies should not violate 50% rule.

Select the correct answer using the code given below:


6. Which of the following statements is/are correct with respect to Adeno-associated virus 2 (AAV2)?

  1. It is a group of viruses called Depend parvovirus which infects both humans and some primates.
  2. AAV2 in order to infect the host, requires another virus to also be infecting the host at the same time.



7. Which of the following are the Quantitative tools used by Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to control the money supply?

  1. Margin requirements
  2. Rationing of credit
  3. Open Market Operations
  4. Cash Reserve Ratio



8. What of the following differences between El Nino and La Nina is/are correct? 

  1. El Niño events are associated with a warming of the central and eastern tropical Pacific, while La Niña events are the reverse, with a sustained cooling of these same areas.
  2. El Niño means lesser than average rains for India, but La Niña has no effect on monsoon climate.



9. Consider the following with regard to Lokayukta:

  1. In India, the Administrative Reforms Commission, (1966-70), had recommended the creation of the Lokayukta in the states.
  2. Rajasthan was the first state that constituted the institution of Lokayukta before passing of Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act in 2013.

Which of the statements given above is/are not correct?


10. In context to Seed bank, consider the following statements:

  1. Seed bank is a repository of plant genetic resources.
  2. India’s Seed bank store has over 5000 seed accessions.
  3. India’s seed bank is in Hyderabad, built by the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT).

Which of the statements given above is/are correct?


Share Socially