Examine the relevance of Probity and Integrity to civil services. Justify your answer using a suitable case study.
Structure of answer:
- Introduction (What it relevance and significance to civil service).
- What is probity in ethics?
- What is integrity?
- Importance of probity and integrity in ethics.
- Case study.
- Probity is the evidence of ethical behaviour in a particular process.
- For Government employees and agencies, maintaining probity involves more than simply avoiding corrupt or dishonest conduct.
- It involves applying public sector values such as impartiality, accountability and transparency.
- Integrity is following strong moral principles while Probity of having strong moral principle.
- Why it is important? It requires that Boards act ethically, impartially, honestly and with fairness.
- It has been defined by intellectuals that Probity is the indication of ethical behaviour in a particular process.
- The term probity entails integrity, uprightness and honesty.
//php comments_template(); ?>