Explain about India’s core foreign policy goals and origin of QUAD. How does the reflectionof multi polar foreign policy works?
Structure of answer:
- Introduction (say about QUAD).
- Significance of QUAD vs India’s multi polar foreign policy.
- How QUAD membership reinforces India’s policy?
- Way forward.
- India is geopolitically placed in a hostile neighborhood, concentrating three nuclear powers i.e India, China and Pakistan.
- Also China’s Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) which has neocolonialist underpinnings mandates that India must go for strategic balancing
- Both these factors and shifting geopolitical dimensions paves way for QUAD dialogue.
- QUAD is a group of four countries i.e. India, the US, Australia and Japan that started as a strategic dialogue in 2007 to check the growth of Chinese power in Indo-Pacific.
- The QUAD initiative is group of four largest and powerful democracies in the world which values democratic, peaceful, rule based international order.
- India held that the Quad was more about sharing democratic experiences than a security arrangement directed at China.
//php comments_template(); ?>