Explain about NEW START treaty and its key features. Discuss its significance
Structure of answer:
- Introduction (Say about treaty).
- Back ground (Why it’s started now? And who are the partners?).
- Benefits of this treaty.
- The treaty was signed by US President Barack Obama and Russian counterpart Dmitry Medvedev
in Prague in 2010.
- New START replaced the 1991 START I treaty, which expired December 2009, and superseded the
2002 Strategic Offensive Reductions Treaty (SORT), which terminated when New START entered
- Both Russia and the United States announced that they met New START limitations by Feb. 5,
- New START expires in 2021.
//php comments_template(); ?>