FMCG growth to slow down in 2019
- India’s fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry is likely to grow at aslower pace at 11-12% in 2019, almost 2% lower than that in 2018, as per a report.
- The industry is also expected to grow at 12-13% during the April to Junequarter of the calender year 2019, according to Nielsen.
- In line with the FMCG growth forecast for Q1 2019 at 13-14%, this sectorgrew at 13.6%.
- Fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) sector is the 4th largest sector in the Indian economy with Household and Personal Care accounting for 50% of FMCG sales in India.
- Growing awareness, easier access and changing lifestyles have been the key growth drivers for the sector.