INDIA CEO FORUM ORGANIZED TO DISCUSS CLIMATE CHANGE ISSUES
Why in News?
- India CEO Forum on Climate Change organized by Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC). The pioneering initiative of the government, inviting industry representatives, exchanged views on climate change issues and discussed opportunities to collaborate in regard to fulfilling India’s national as well as international climate change commitments.
Objectives of Forum:
- Secretary MoEFCC highlighted that the forum was being conducted to create a mechanism for the government and businesses to formally talk about climate change issues
- Develop a common voice at global forums so that there is no disconnect between the stand of the government and that of the industries.
- Forum will help the government move from a language-based narrative on climate change to an action-based narrative.
- Highlight the important role that businesses play in dealing with global warming issues and a platform like this will help share best practices and facilitate cross-learning.
Outcomes of the Forum:
- Businesses are recognised as crucial to meeting global climate change goals and forum on Climate Change focused on driving transition to a low-carbon economy.
- It delivered powerful messages as leaders from the private and public sector gathered to showcase their commitment to tackle climate change. The sessions voiced deliberations from the government on India’s international commitments to fighting climate change.
- The forum was successful in clearly communicating to the industry leadership the government’s vision on climate change and for the first time, seeking the views of the industries on the same.
//php comments_template(); ?>