India, Iran to discuss impact of US ending waivers on import of Iranian oil
14, May 2019
Prelims level : Mains level :
- Foreign Minister of Iran Mohammad Javad Zarif will hold talks with External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj in New Delhi .
- The talks will primarily focus on the impact of the US ending waivers on import of Iranian oil and ways to deal with it.
- Both the leaders are expected to discuss the latest developments pertaining to the Iran nuclear deal also known as Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action.
- Mr Zarif arrived in New Delhi yesterday on a two-day visit to India
- India is one of the most important partners of Iran and both countries have regular consultations on various issues.